Saturday, July 12, 2008

The End of an Era

Or is it 'the end of an error?' Both the job and the guy were the wrong match and I knew that from the beginning of both relationships. Ironically enough I started each within just a few days of each other (new job October 21, met #8 Oct 27) and they've both ended within a few days of each other. I gave my notice at work on July 7 and #8 called and left me a "Dear Jane" voice message on July 11. 

I do believe in the theory that when one door closes another opens. So I'm leaving mine unlocked to make it a little easier. I also don't actually believe that either situation was an "error."  Maybe they both dragged out a bit longer than they should have. I clung on, for whatever reason,  a tad too long in both scenarios. But each brought a certain degree of satisfaction, some level of reward for a little while at least. If nothing else, they each provided stories to entertain my friends with. 

Starting again with a clean slate and I'm so ready! I'm feeling a little worse for wear at the moment as ending any kind of relationship leaves me reflective and  my last few weeks at the job are going to be full, hectic and stressful. But when I'm done, I'll take a short vacation to visit my cousins in Colorado, reconnect with family and come back to Seattle to take on the world...or become a barista. 

I have enough in my meager savings to pay two months rent or buy a used scooter on craigslist. Hmmm, which will I do?

 

No comments: