Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting the Ax?

The whole relationship stuff is a puzzler that's for sure. Although I find #8 great in so many ways, I also know he's not right for me, and I am quite certain he feels the same. As a matter of fact I could be getting the brush off this very minute. We went out Sunday for dinner and that's all it was: dinner. No smoochin', no sex, nothing. He picked me up down in front of my building. We walked to dinner down the road, he walked me back and dumped me off in front of my building saying he had a super early morning meeting. Huh? It was a like a scene from Sex and the City. I was a bit baffled. We hadn't seen each other for over a week. I was sporting a very low cut top...to which he responded by saying at the restaurant the reason I was cold was that I wearing too little and should have on a sweater. WTF? He also gave me the rundown of his very busy schedule over the next MONTH. And I got the impression that I pretty much would not be seeing him until March, if ever again.

After my three flight climb up to my apt (yes it took that long to register in my thick skull) I wondered if his sudden busy life was code for "I don't want to see you anymore" and he was just being a chickenshit and not telling me that. I stewed over it for about 15 minutes and decided I just couldn't stew anymore. I needed to know for sure. So I dialed. He said that was not the case, he was truly busy and just felt bad because he was so busy. Apparently, in his past relationships it was the women who were too busy to spend time with him. Relationship? So he is still calling this thing we are doing, this thing I see as casual dating, as a relationship? I told him to just call when he could and he said he would. I haven't heard a peep since. Okay, so it was only Sunday, but he couldn't manage an email? The guy works in an office-in front of a computer-an email takes about 10 nanoseconds. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could be getting 86ed. Thing is, even though I say he isn't my type or 'the one', I am enjoying dating the guy! I am (was) enjoying the great sex! I am not ready to pass him on yet. And furthermore, I don't want to be the dumpee AGAIN. I am forever the dumpee. Other than my ex-husband, I've always been the one dumped. I suppose that is one reason I married my husband in the first place. He was the first guy who didn't actually dump me. Que sera sera. Can't control how people feel. Will just carry on. Besides....I think he really is just busy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah -- your story reminds me of something I just went through! I decided a different ending, though. Rather than sitting around waiting to be the dumpee, I chose to be the dumper. A man is never too busy for sex. You deserve someone who will make time for you, no matter how busy their schedule.

wanderwoman said...

Thanks, Anon! I thought the same thing...how is a man too busy for sex?! And is that the kind of man I want to be with? Congrats to you for taking the lead. I'll try to follow your example, although I'm a bit of a weakling at the moment. But I'll try!