Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend Rendezvous

Our weekend rendezvous started out with #8 picking me up and presenting me with a rose after apologizing for being a little late (he was not late at all!). He took me up to La Conner where we had a wonderful meal at the La Conner Brewing Company, where we sat by the fireplace and enjoyed a spicy artichoke dip and delicious steamed clams in a coconut milk sauce. We strolled through the town, poking into shops, buying a few Christmas gifts for our friends and families. He is actually a great shopper. Later, we drove on to our accommodation, Guest House Log Cottages in Greenbank on Whidbey Island.

They were the sweetest, most romantic little cottages, nestled in the woods. Ours was decorated in Christmas lights, located on a quaint pond and we were greeted by a little Christmas tree in the living area; the ultimate in coziness. We lit the wood stove, corked a bottle of red wine, and snuggled down for an evening of romance. And romantic it was. The bed was incredible. Once I got in, I didn't want to leave. I told #8 it was a good thing we were leaving on Sunday, or I'd never want to get out of this bed!

The breakfast was a spread laid out (the table was pre-set for us) in style. Sparkling cider, croissants, danishes, cheeses, eggs (in the frig), yogurt, apple sauce, fruit juices, coffee all available for our pleasure. #8 whipped up a couple of fluffy cheese omelets while I showered. Hell, my culinary contribution consisted of making coffee while he was in the shower!

After breakfast (okay, brunch) and checking out, we walked around the grounds inspecting the other cottages (all lovely!) and then we drove to Langley and strolled some more picking up a few more gifts before catching our ferry back to Seattle.

It was an amazing weekend, actually. I keep saying that #8 is 'not my type' or 'too conservative' or 'a bit goofy,' but I have to say he is very attentive, sweet, generous (for a cheapskate pilot) and the sex is just too good to give up right now!

Oh, and he did notice my lingerie! I didn't think he would since he's one of those guys who rips your bra off without even looking at it. But he did notice... and comment. I dunno....this guy could grow on me. And then where will I be???

No comments: