Thursday, December 20, 2007

Second Time Around

It occurred to me that possibly the reason I am a little guarded about #8 is that in so many ways, he is very much like my ex-husband. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean my ex-husband is a good man. We had many good years together and enjoyed our time overall. And maybe the ways they are similar are in the good ways. I mean I always said that I wanted my next mate to have all my ex's good qualities .... AND a bunch of other great qualities too. One of my male pals asked if I was looking for God. No, not really...Jesus would do just fine.

So these similar traits I'm noticing in #8: he's conservative, attentive, thoughtful, has a sense of humor, is a bit of a goober, analytical, romantic, frugal (some would say downright "cheap"), yet generous toward others, enjoys skiing, cooking and is adventurous with food. Oh...and then there's that sexual chemistry thing...yeah. Maybe my "type" is the conservative, analytical, goobery type.

I'm so afraid of making the same mistake twice, marrying my ex-husband all over again, not realizing that I'm repeating history, that maybe I'm not recognizing that I am actually in a good relationship. Eh...now I'm over analyzing! It hasn't even been two months! Get a grip. I like the guy, but I'm not "va voom" over him. (eeew, I think I felt the same about my ex when we first started dating. I'm in trouble.)

Anyway, after his generous weekend splurge, I am going to need to up the anti on the Christmas gift idea. I don't think a plate of homemade cookies is going to be adequate. Darn.

Five days before Christmas and I'm pretty much back at square one. Yikes.

No comments: