Friday, June 6, 2008

What's the Plan Stan?

"Sh*t or get off the pot." I've always rather found that phrase a bit too crass to find humorous. But I do believe, it applies to me at this stage of my life.

After the day (week) I've had, I need to take the 'life bull' by the horns and actually make something amazing happen. It's been two years since my return to the states. Two years I could have been going to school, building a business, or doing most anything more productive than the fiddling around I've been doing while I attempt to "figure things out", all the while awaiting some fabulous opportunity to just land on my lap in a nicely foil-wrapped package. I'm a fairly lucky person, but not that lucky.

I know that I need to take action to make something happen. Movement equals movement. Stagnation most definitely does not equal movement. As a matter of a fact stagnation equals paralyzing, lethargic confusion, loss of confidence and further stagnation.

Before you know it you're in a go nowhere job working like a beaten dog for a ridiculous man, semi-dating a man you barely have anything in common with, and complaining about the weather as if it mattered. I have never complained about the weather so much in my life. The weather never used to affect me this way. Either it's gotten worse (Global Warming?) or I've gotten old and cranky. Or maybe- just maybe- it's the stagnation getting to me.

I've either got to actually DO something about my situation or shut up (i.e. 'sh*t or get off the pot'). My friends are going to stop calling and I love my friends. Without them, I got nottin'!

So maybe, if I write something down (or type it in my blog) where people (ehem, me) can see my commitment in print, I'll feel more dedicated to the cause. More apt to 'prove' I can do this. I can make a change by golly! I won't make some pie in the sky goal. But a reasonable goal. By this fall, I will be on my way to .... somewhere. There, a time frame set, but a broad enough goal to give me options!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FAll is very soon. Tick tock. You go girl.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're moving out of that "Lost in Transition" phase. Onward!

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you didn't see the headline in today's paper about this month's weather. I don't want you to leave!!!! Hang in there gal. Think of how good all the moisture is for your skin. :) Amy

wanderwoman said...

Yes, I did see that headline in the paper. Yes, the clock is ticking, and hopefully, I will soon be out of this transition 'slump' and actually complete the transaction. Thanks, Anonymouses!