Monday, June 2, 2008

Capitol Hill

Wow, I've been out of town and unable to post. Spent last week at the NAFSA: Association for International Educators conference. It was very interesting and eye opening. Although I networked like a madwoman, trading business cards like I was in the pit at the stock exchange, I didn't meet anyone who offered me that amazing high paying job in a sunny, palm-treed climate....yet. I did, however, make contact, rub elbows, develop report (Oh, those are such great shoes! Let me give you my card so you can offer me a job soon!) and learn a lot about the possible direction this international education stuff could take me. So we shall see.

In addition, I made new friends, enjoyed WARM, lovely weather (I didn't even take a coat on this trip. Not even a lightweight jacket.) and ate some delicious food.

The conference was much too busy to actually have an opportunity to enjoy Washington, D.C.-seminars, presentations, exhibits, evening receptions, dinners. Here I was in the museum capital and I didn't get to visit ONE. I saw the outsides of them as I was racing off to the conference center every day. I observed the Washington Monument from afar and walked down The Mall one evening between my last session of the day and my dinner engagement. But that was it. An entire week in D.C. and I barely saw it.

I will be going back again in two weeks and plan to do some sight seeing and museum hopping. The weather ought to be getting to that unbearably humid stage by then. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay, Loreley! I'm glad you're at least getting some travel benefits out of the job with Sr. Crazy... :)

wanderwoman said...

You mean "Doctor Crazy, don't you?"

Rachel said...

Ohhh, right, he's all fancy-pants now, I forgot. :P