Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another Very Sexy Date

After a couple weeks in hiding, #8 called me yesterday morning to ask me out for that evening. A little last minute, but as it happened, I was free and it seemed like a good idea, so said yes. THEN he tells me that he is dieting and will be drinking water and eating like a bird all night. Sounds like a blast. If there is anything worse than a woman fretting about her weight and constantly parading her diets in front of everyone on nights out, it's a man openly fretting about his weight and dieting on a date. Not that I shouldn't be watching my cals and alcoholic intake, but I would be discreet about it when on a date. Guys don't like to hear a woman droning on about her needing to lose five pounds or how fat she thinks she is. Well, women don't want to hear that crap from men either. To top it off, #8 is not even fat. He's actually a bit on the puny side as far as I'm concerned. If the guy actually loses any of this imaginary fat he's talking about, I won't be able to find him in a crowded room. 

After our meal of salads and water (actually, I splurged and got an iced tea with a touch of the pink stuff a.k.a. sweet 'n low) we took a walk around Green Lake. It was a gorgeous evening. A perfect way to enjoy the weather (yea! I haven't been bitchy for two and a half days now!) and get a little exercise. Then we went to The Sitting Room,  my favorite neighborhood bar, where I enjoyed a glass of red wine and Eight drank water and nibbled on some olives.  

Today he invited me to go on a motorbike ride with him. He suggested a trip to Chateau St Michelle Winery for a tour and tasting, then on to Snoqualmie Falls for a hike down the trail and a little picnic. Once I figured out what to wear for this Triple-Decker date...motorcycle riding (jeans and boots?), wine tasting (cute skirt and strappy sandals?) and hike (shorts and walking shoes?) it turned out to be a wonderful day.  I opted for the cropped cargo pant, urban sneakers and cute t-shirt. 

The winery was beautiful today. We took the tour, browsed the shop and enjoyed a few tastings. Then we headed on out toward Duvall and Fall City, passing farmlands, fields and lush green forests,  grabbed a sandwich and hiked down the trail from Snoqualmie Falls and had our picnic. The falls were the most raging and overflowing either of us had ever seen. Our heavy snowfall this past winter is providing quite the scenic wonder.  

It was a great day of riding on the back of 8's bike, the warm weather allowing us to travel in just our shirtsleeves, a bit of exercise and romance. And a lot of 'two wheeler waving.' Really nice time with old #8. Another one of his very sexy dates that he comes up with every so often. So what's going on with us, you may ask? Nothing. We date a couple times a month and that's it. It seems to be working for both of us. Friday night he began to sleep over, but then left in the middle of the night because he couldn't sleep and I was completely fine with it. Sure, I felt bad that he wasn't able to sleep, but I wasn't sleeping that well myself. Once he left, I washed my face, put on something comfortable to sleep in, ate a cookie and went to bed. Slept like a baby. And most likely snored up a storm without waking up feeling bad about it. 

I might be doomed to forever sleeping alone. But maybe that's just fine. Until I find the guy I really want to share my bed with for the entire night, I'm okay with the 3 a.m. exit. Before meeting up for our 'sexy date' on Saturday, I was able to wake up at my leisure, sip my coffee out on my balcony and enjoy the morning at my pace. One of my most favorite past-times. 

No comments: