Sunday, November 25, 2007

Red Wine Allergies

Things could be progressing with Speed Dater #8 . We've gone out (or gotten together, rather) five times now. On our fourth date, we went for a two hour latte. I don't know how it is we have so much to talk about, but we do. I guess I'm a bit of a talker...and he's a bit of a talker...so you've got two jabber mouths vying for air time. While waiting for our lattes to be 'tossed out' at us at the ever busy Starbucks in my neighborhood, he looked around and asked if there was a place to sit. I said I was sure there was at the other end. And if not, he could kick someone out. He finds me humorous (points for him) and replies in his faux tough man voice, "hey, my girlfriend wants your seat. Move." We chuckle...hardy har. But what I'm actually thinking is, "Girlfriend? This guy doesn't think of me as a 'girlfriend' does he?" That can't be possible. This is our fourth date. Nah...he's just making the comment in jest, right? I'm pretty sure he had to be thinking, "Yikes, did I just call her my 'girlfriend'? She can't take it seriously, right? I was just role playing." Oh, the joys of dating. Communicating. Miscommunicating. Whatever, I let it drop.

So how am I feeling about #8 after five dates now? Well, he's totally not my type. Whatever that means, I'm not even 100% sure. I've dated all types. They are either all my type or none my type. Can't say for sure. I think #8 might be a titch too conservative for me. An ex-military fighter pilot, commercial pilot and now flight instructor conservative type. He's a bit of a goober in a cute sort of way. Hmmm...we definitely get along. I enjoy his company when I'm with him. Except for some of his clothing choices, I'm not cringing when I'm around him. His attire is a bit Jerry Seinfeldish. He's got a 14 year old daughter...doesn't she coach him at all?

And, yes, the 14 year old daughter. THAT works out quite well for me. He's busy with her at least half the time...which keeps me stalker free.

So five dates. I know what you are all asking now. On our second date we had a nice dinner at an Indian restaurant then went back to his for a movie. I noted that he ordered chai tea at the restaurant and he chose an Indy film. More points for him ...for a conservative guy he's willing to branch out a bit. After the film, we did a little smoochin' on the sofa. He was eager to get busy, but I put the kibosh on his plan and left before things heated up too much. I'm a lady after all (anyone who knows me can just stop snickering at this point).

He came by to pick me up for our third dinner date. I invited him in for some wine first. It was a Friday. We'd both had long hard work weeks. We were ready to unwind a bit. I have a tendency to suffer from wine allergies. My nose stuffs up almost immediately, I begin to sneeze and sniffle. However, this time the wine had an entirely different affect. After two bottles, my clothes fell off! I can't say that's never happened before...but it'd been a really long time. So yes, my friends, my sexual moratorium has been lifted. Finally. And I have to say, although I don't think this guy is my type...he's definitely fun in the sack. So I may need to keep him around for a bit. I know that sounds a little crass. But it's not as if I'm using him or anything. Surely he's getting something from our time together as well. Besides, I'm not getting any signals that he is feeling any differently about me. He seems to enjoy my company enough, but he's not mushy, overly attentive, or complimentary in any way. I think we are probably on the same wavelength. As long as he doesn't go referring to me as his "girlfriend" without my consent, we'll be just fine.

No comments: