Monday, August 17, 2009

In Response

I just want to clarify in response to all the comments regarding my recent post "Urban Girl, Suburban Boys," I'm not actually opposed to dating men from the suburbs. THEY seem to have difficulty coming into the city. I am limited by my own lack of transportation. If Federal Way boy from the airplane ever actually called me, I'd be all too thrilled to date him. I thought we were having a connection. When, in fact, we were just having a conversation 35,000 ft above sea level.

Obviously, I was light headed. sigh.

2 comments:

BeHearNow said...

I've just found your blog, and as a five-year transplant FROM Seattle to "a medium-sized town with lots of big trucks" in SW Washington, I think you're underestimating the culture shock that San Diego Man (sung to the tune of "Secret Agent Man") is going to encounter when he moves from San Diego to Federal Way. BUT recognizing our own blind prejudices is part of transformational, er..transitional living, eh? A group of friends and I just REJOICED at the news that there's now a GOOD (please, Godde, let it be true) Thai restaurant in a neighboring town. The term "Road trip" was never applied to going out for Thai food in Seattle...sigh. BUT, I now have deer in my yard on occasion and encounter the sound of NOTHING (including airplanes) when I go out onto my secluded deck in the middle of the night to look at the multitude of stars in my sky now...Don't stop, keep going.

wanderwoman said...

Yes, I lived five(adult)years in the country, i.e. surrounded by farms, cows, deer in the yard, coyotes howling at dusk, a horse stable, and, the ever popular and stunning, billion star sky. It was a very peaceful and enjoyable time in my life. But, my truest self (at this time in my life) is happiest at the idea of walking the one block to fantastic Thai! Thanks for sharing from the SW corner of our lovely state.