Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What's Behind Door #?

They say when one door closes, another one opens. I hope that is true as door #8 is being shut in my face.

I swear the last three guys I dated did the "just stop calling" routine. WTF? Why is that acceptable after dating several months? It's acceptable after one or two dates, sure. But five months? Not acceptable grown up behavior. I suppose that is the only way men feel they can get rid of me. I am not a fighter, so there is no chance of an argument ensuing where we can have a break up with exchange of heated words and insults. Confrontation is difficult so actually saying to my face that we need to wrap this up just isn't an option apparently. So if they just stop calling, they can hope I'll eventually get the hint and leave them alone.

I do have a great life...wonderful friends and can do pretty much what I please without answering to anyone. Why can't that be fulfilling enough? Why must I need the physical affection from a man thing? Well, cause that's how nature made us I guess. There's really only so much you can get from a battery operated toy. sigh.

In the April edition of "SeattleWoman" magazine, there is an article about girlfriend getaways. For the past five years that is all I've had -- girlfriend getaways (besides the mini-weekend to Whidbey Island in December with #8- which was wonderful, by the way). Getting away with my girlfriends is most definitely one of my favorite things to do. Frankly, however, I'm ready to spend some time having an actual romance in all the romantic places I've been the last five years.

Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed every minute of Paris, Venice, Prague, the Greek Islands, beaches along the Adriatic and Mediterranean Seas, the Caribbean, and Mexico. These places are spectacular no matter what. And there is nothing less romantic than being in a romantic place with the wrong man. I've experienced that scenario as well.

So #8 got me through the winter months, I suppose, and spring is about here. And I'll see what's behind the next door and plan a trip...with or without anyone else, man or woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened? Did he really stop calling and if so, for how long? I need an explanation from him for crying out loud. He can't do that at this age.

Rebecca said...

Glad to see you are still blogging and writing thought-provoking posts about dating and life! Personally I wish I had an available girlfriend or two to go on a getaway with me but they all have kids or are otherwise too busy. Grass is always greener, I guess. :-)