Wednesday, August 1, 2007

44th Birthday Aftermath

Whew! Where does the time go? It's been almost a week since my last post. I can honestly say that I've done the research. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm frantically busy with household projects, full-time career, husband, family obligations and other activities, or just strolling the Old Town Square alone in Prague, sipping a cappuccino in Lisbon, writing in my daily journal, and basically doing as little as humanly possible, time still flies!

I've just been busy celebrating my BFG 44th B-day. Started with a kickoff birthday happy hour on Sunday the 22nd with a couple of girlfriends and continued on at a good celebratory pace with different friends and venues, wrapping it up this past Sunday with my brother and his family. His wife turns 44 today, so it was a duel celebration. Not all about ME. (Yes, I am a Leo, but I'm willing to share the limelight).

So here I am. Now in a state because next week I'm going off to NY for my nephew's wedding. No, I'm not IN the wedding so don't need to stress about wearing some obnoxious dress that no one looks good in. I am, however, staying at my niece's rented beach house on Long Island. My niece and her roommates who are 22. Yes, HALF this old gal's age. And I DO plan on basking on the beach in my bikini. Yikes. How come I didn't think of the repercussions of all the birthday celebrations before I got all caught up in them? Typical. Sure my clothes still fit. Nothing is too tight. But that's the problem - nothing is tight. Not my abs, not my biceps and certainly not my triceps! So now I'm in the countdown panic doing damage control. I'm not one to 'crash diet.' As a matter of fact, I don't really believe in 'dieting' at all. I just try to eat sensibly for the most part, most of the time...and exercise EVERY day. I'm chugging massive amounts of water, because you know we can just 'flush out' any of the bad things if we drink enough water, right? I walk everywhere, and really really fast. Spent the last two nights walking Green Lake. My bus pass expired yesterday and I won't buy a new one for this month. More forced walking. Using the exercise ball and arm weights. Yeah, this all has to work! I haven't seen my family for two years. Somehow, I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to make much of a dent in the next week. Cause as I mentioned, time flies and a week isn't really adequate to do all that needs undoing! And my co-worker just brought in fresh baked cookies! Arrrggh!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck with those triceps! I hear you on that one. :-) And have fun at the wedding. Let me know if you need help figuring out how to display the labels/categories on your blog!

wanderwoman said...

Thanks, Breakup Babe, I will definitely be in touch! And I'm afraid the only short-term answer to the tricep problem is sleeves! Ah well...not gonna let it affect my good time :)