Sunday, August 10, 2008

Still Celebrating

After being gone for the past ten days, I opened my stuffed mailbox to find several birthday cards mixed in between the bills, the ads and the junk mail. What a nice treat! There is nothing better than personal mail. And it's like celebrating my birthday all over again. 

Then I received a voice message from another friend who wants to take me out for my birthday since she was busy that day. I'm also going to dinner this week with my sister-in-law to celebrate both of our birthdays since hers was six days after mine and I was out of town. Okay, this is more of a celebration for her than me-but it's still a birthday celebration. 

When I came home from the grocery store today my apartment manager left a package for me. Said it was delivered while I was gone. It was from my friend who recently moved back to Tennessee and consisted of several wonderful body pampering products which I love! I'm such a product girl. What a surprise! She shouldn't have sent so much- but I will definitely enjoy all of them.

Someone once told me of a woman she knew who celebrates her birthday for the exact number of days representing the number of years she is celebrating. Doing the math we are now on day 15, that leaves me with a lot of days left to celebrate. But why stop there? 

No comments: