Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Queen Anne Stalker

In a recent conversation with a friend, I was relaying my man's stocking fantasy. We'd had a hefty bet on a cribbage game. The loser had to comply with the winner's wishes, foot massage, breakfast in bed, sexual fantasy, whatever. Game on. I lost.

Once I got into my story I realized instead of stocking she heard "stalking". No wonder she suddenly got so quiet on the other end of the phone. I can only imagine her face, eyebrows furrowed, lips thoughtfully pursed curious how I was going to pull off a "stalking" fantasy. And while kind of a strange fantasy, he's entitled. Just what does a stalking fantasy entail? Would I call him frequently at inappropriate hours? Pester him at work? Show up on his doorstep in the middle of the night unannounced?

So back to the stocking fantasy. I had picked up a pair at Macy's some time ago and figured I'd surprise him one evening. What the heck. This is a pretty tame fantasy as far as fantasies go, so I'm game to play along. After the cribbage game he inquired if I owned any stockings. I could have lied. I should have lied. Instead I fessed up. He didn't hesitate. That was his request.

I retrieved my new stockings, lace demi-cup bra, panties and heels and tucked myself into the bathroom to don my costume. By the way, this is so not me. I hardly feel I can pull off the whole sex-kitten thing. But a bet's a bet.

I'd never worn stockings before and had no idea how they'd fit. Once I worked them up to my thighs, the elastic lace become a bit too tight. The fleshy (fat) part of my upper thigh squished unattractively over the top of the lace! The size of my legs haven't really been a sore spot for me as far as body parts go- my tummy, yes, my bingo-arms, definitely, but overall I can put up with my legs in general. But now they looked like stuffed sausages sticking out from my body. I don't have a full length mirror in the bathroom so when I looked down at myself I was horrified.

Hearing my grumbles and groans from in the bedroom my guy assured me it was okay to abort mission if I didn't feel comfortable. I promptly removed the offending hosiery and stepped out of the bathroom in the rest of the getup. From the reception I received, it was good enough.

I don't think I'm off the hook with regard to the fantasy in question, however. One friend suggested sheer non-control top pantie hose. Those won't work. They aren't any more attractive on me and the fantasy involves "stockings". She then suggested a little black skirt to camouflage the squishy bits. The "stalking" friend recommended the old fashion pin up girl stockings with garter belt and all.

This is getting complicated.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

how about just thigh high stockings? they have ones now that have a little sticky elastic on the inside and will stay up by themselves very easy to put on and take off! Brendan really likes them and then you won't have to mess with garters and such and they're really sexy. put a pair of heels on too!
btw they sell these at nordstroms hosiery

island girl said...

I think she's talking about the thigh-high stickeys.

Try the old fasioned kind, with the garter belt. Most are made of silk with no pop-over effect on the legs.

Thenyou can try stalking him in your new stockings....

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm laughing so hard, and I already knew the story. You never fail to amuse me, Wander Woman! Keep it coming.

Rebecca said...

Your boyfriend would probably like the look of the stockings a whole lot better than you do - maybe you should let him decide how they look!

wanderwoman said...

Yes, Rebecca, I did...and he liked :)