Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Full of Abundance

Whenever I start in about my “lack” in life, i.e. lack of job, lack of money, lack of men, lack of romance, lack of willpower, lack of house, lack of a flat stomach, I can look back on my 46th birthday (last Sunday) and be reminded that I have no lack of love in my life.

I was overwhelmed and truly touched by the number of friends and family who called, sent text messages and emails, wrote comments on my Face Book wall, and mailed wonderful cards for my birthday. My boss baked me a delicious cake (lemon cake with strawberry and kiwi fruit center), of which she and I polished the remainder off the following day. My friends took me out for a yummy, unique and lively dinner at Quinn’s on Capitol Hill, where we ate, drank and laughed til we cried. I was presented with many fabulous and thoughtful gifts.

I know I’m getting overly sappy in my old age, but seriously, each time I’d read a well-wisher’s sentiment, I was awe struck. “This is really what people think? Wow.” I am truly blessed to have such a supportive and amazing group of friends and family. No, there is no lack in my life. My life is absolutely full of abundance of the best kind!

5 comments:

Petal Films said...

An you deserve it! :)

Terisa

wanderwoman said...

Thanks, Terisa!

Anonymous said...

You're a gem!! Sunday night was a blast, we need to do that more often, who's bday is next??

Anonymous said...

You get what you give, my friend. I can't even count how many times you have done thoughtful, considerate things for me and others. I believe that you attract what you put out into the universe and that's definitely true of you.

Lucky Mom said...

Right on Gal!

You always have looked on 'the bright side', seen the 'glass 1/2 full' etc. etc.

I'm glad you enjoyed your special day and bummed that I wasn't there to share it with you!