Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Serendipity, Synchronicity, Serenity Now!

Lately my life has taken on a state of synchronization. I began my life coaching seminar with Landmark Education a few weeks ago. The first session was all about "getting in the game." The Sunday following that session, I attended church at the invitation of an old friend I recently reconnected with. The topic of the sermon was also all about getting in the game. Huh. That's curious, I thought.

The next week the Landmark session focused more on 'creating possibilities' for ourselves. I went to church with my friend again the following Sunday and what do you suppose was the topic of the day's sermon? Absolutely. Creating dreams, setting goals and going for them in life.

By now I'm wondering if the preachers are somehow affiliated with the Landmark Education organization?

I've also been re-reading The Secret, which focuses on creating the life you want. Again, a reiteration of the Landmark Education mission.

AND I was already in the process of applying for grad school at Seattle Pacific University (a Christian university) when my friend invited me to her church, a church that seems to genuinely resonate with me. No, I'm not a member yet...I'm just being open and checking it out. Trying it on...seeing if this is for me or not.

As if that isn't enough serendipity to make me aware of what might be going on here, it turns out that the friend I've been going to church with, has the same business idea as I've been discussing with several people the last few weeks. A discussion of our dreams over coffee Sunday evening revealed we are a match! We are exploring a partnership. Yea for us. Now for the serenity of feeling like I know where I'm headed...or, the chaos of starting up something new, yet again.

No comments: