Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Cost of the Common Cold

Every year when I visit my doctor for my annual physical she confirms my declaration that I am "healthy as a horse." I have a pretty sturdy immune system and generally feel healthy and strong all year long. But even so, I am susceptible to the occasional common cold, especially when my very affectionate boyfriend can't keep his cold carrying lips off of mine. Grant it, lately I've been surrounded by germ toting friends, co-workers, bus pals. I could have picked it up from anyone. However, I tend not to kiss those people.

Besides feeling like crap for several days, unable to work out or play outside, what is the cost of the common cold? I'm one of those people who tries everything and anything. And I did.

Various juices - $7.79
Saltine crackers-$2.50
Cough Drops - $2.49
Zicam - $12.99
Theraflu - $6.89
Nyquil - $7.49
More cough drops- $2.49
Mucinex - $7.49
Various teas -$7.00
Sue Bee Honey-$4.29
Theraflu (again!) - $6.89
Third bag of cough drops - $2.49
Oscillococcinum - $10.94
Chinese Ginger Honey Crystals - $5.50 (a very large bag)
A passionate evening with my lover after a ten day cold hiatus- Priceless

No comments: